Thursday, July 04, 2024

Kebne in my heart

Almost four years after my historic mountain adventure when I ran from Nikkaluokta to the peak of Kebnekaise on my birthday, I was back on the same trails, this time in the company of my wife who has been making some remarkable progress as a runner.

With the weather conditions being less optimal than last time around, we decided to skip the peak and simply make it through the valley to the STF base camp and back for a total of 38 kilometres of trail running.

Passing wild streams and rickety bridges, we experienced that feeling of being at the end of the world, yet, we also indulged in some fantastic “fika” along the trail, including waffles with cloudberries at “Enoks” on the return. Already at 70 km of running this week, Anna probably needs a few days of rest before we can head out again but, being here in Kiruna, the mountains always beckon.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home