Saturday, May 11, 2024

Skatås Parkrun

Almost two years after my first parkrun in Umeå, I was happy to race five kilometres once again with people from all around the world. With Anna and the kids also running, it was a great family activity in perfect weather conditions. For the first couple of kilometres, I even briefly entertained the idea of attempting to run under 20 minutes in my new Salomon Pulsar Trail Pro 2 but once the hills started, I decided to simply enjoy the race as much as I could, ultimately finishing in just under 22 minutes which I was happy with considering the 65 meters of elevation gain.

After cleaning the house during the afternoon hours, and topping up with seven recovery kilometres around the block in my Hoka Cliftons, it was time to lit up the barbeque on the balcony. Though actually against the "Rasmus Rules", I have invested in a box of Italian red wine for the summer since I found the notion of a fox in Tuscany simply irresistible (those who know, know).

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home