Friday, December 29, 2023

Great Southern

From Western Australia, a bottle of l'orange made it across the world and all the way to “bolkki” here in Kiruna. Unlike the Arabian sunshine a decade ago, the polar night reigns uninterrupted as I make my signature bouillabaisse to match after one last day of Zoom thesis supervision this year.

Next week, the temperature is expected to drop below -30 degrees but hopefully I will find time for some more cross-country skiing before it gets too cold. Even now the temperature has been the limiting factor as the kids have started to protest already after a few kilometres but, all in all, Anna and I have still been able to do 60 kilometres since we got up here a week ago. And as for after ski, I can wholeheartedly recommend Blossa 23 “Old Town” white wine glögg (for the protocol, I should say that my former colleague Therese, who is a true glögg connoisseur, has a dissenting opinion on its qualities).

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home