Friday, September 29, 2023

Cancelado

On the bus out to Landvetter airport, I learned that my 57k ultra race on Sunday has been cancelled due to extreme heat. With the temperature expected to climb above 30 degrees in the shade, calling off the race was obviously the sensible decision. Considering that I have not yet fully recovered from my cold, I am in a way happy since it means that I will not be tempted to do anything stupid. Still, after my great disappointment in Tallinn and a full week without any running, I was really looking forward to head out there along the Costa Vicentina and challenge myself.

Having met up with Sofi around lunch time, we are now waiting in the SAS lounge for our evening flight with Brussels Airlines. It is a testimony to the sad state of public transport in Sweden that one has to have 6+ hours of padding when planning these kinds of multi-modal trips. And, to be sure, her original train from Örebro was indeed cancelled this morning due to signals failure.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home