Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Winter swimming

Drinking hot chocolate in my hotel bed at Clarion, I can look back on a beautiful day which began with 7.5 kilometres of running through the snow before I took the bus to campus for the course finale. Like last time, it was really rewarding with a lot of food for thought. 

Once the day was over, I met up with Sofi and her flat-coated retriever “Krut” for an excursion up to Ånnaboda where a hole in the ice was waiting for me. I would lie if I said that I had not dreaded this moment and, with the temperature around -10 degrees with northerly winds, Copacabana truly felt a world away as I climbed down the stairs into the icy water. Though I have done winter swimming in the past, it has always been with a sauna at “Ribersborgs Kallbadhus” in Malmö or similar places, so this was something rather different.

In any case, I survived. And thanks to some spicy Indian food and a G&T made with “Botanist” dry gin from Islay, my body temperature is now again within normal parameters. As always, it was lovely to see Sofi and her husband Stefan. Now, time to sleep a bit so that I might be able to go for a run before the train leaves tomorrow morning at 7 a.m.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home