Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Zin

Today, I experienced my first ever workplace accident as the table I was sitting on during my lecture flipped over, throwing me in a back flip onto the floor. Luckily, I did not hurt myself too much even if my left calf and shoulder took a bit of a beating but, had the table behind been a few centimetres closer, I would have hit the back of my head which could have been far worse. As if this piece of drama was not enough, my new bicycle LED light got stolen when I was swimming at Navet. While strange on so many levels (do people who steal things really care about bicycle lights or have the energy to sell an incomplete lamp?) but I try to focus on the fact that I have now lived more than eight years in Umeå and this is the first time that anything has gotten stolen.

Anyhow, once home, I felt like making a decadent Wednesday dinner with a sinful glass of red wine from the Central Valley. Tomorrow, I will teach two classes but also organize a “movie night” where we will watch the videos that the students have created as part of the canon problem assignment this semester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home