Sunday, January 15, 2023

Monocle

With a four-page special on the restored city hall in Eslöv (sic!) and stories from the re-emerging art scene in Baghdad, Monocle lured me into buying the December/January issue even as the bookshelves at Historiegränd are already overflowing with issues from my many years as a subscriber. Luckily, Monocle did not disappoint and neither did the Aviation Gin as I flew back across the North Sea to Sweden.

Looking ahead, my next race will be Tjörnarparen 100k in mid-February. Even if the course will probably be far less demanding than the one that I have just completed, I fear it will take me up to 16 hours to complete all those 100 kilometres, meaning that I will probably need a stronger headlamp if I am to run that many hours in darkness. While a part of me tells me that 50k is already enough to fully enjoy the landscape and the elements, something still tempts me to go on and see how far I can actually go.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home