Sunday, January 08, 2023

First week

Looking back, I have been able to run 84 kilometres so far this year, meaning that I am slightly ahead of pace as I begin my taper leading up to North Cornwall Ultra on Saturday. Starting in Polzeath and following the rugged coastline towards the east, the course is about 50 kilometres with 1,900 meters of elevation gain so I expect a bit of a challenge after falling behind with my running during the autumn months.

Running across Kolbäcksbron this morning, I was all alone as the orange weather alert is apparently keeping most sane people indoors. Hopefully, training in these conditions will make the wild Atlantic feel almost like summer. Still, I have no idea how long time it will take to complete the course, but I would not be surprised if it takes eight hours or more. In comparison, it felt kind of soft to be home making pancakes already after 40 minutes today.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home