Tuesday, July 19, 2022

BA.5

Waking up with a sore throat, I cannot say I was particularly surprised given that Anna tested positive for Covid yesterday morning. So far, my symptoms have been extremely mild but, obviously, it will take some time until I know how affected I will end up being. For her part, Anna felt quite under the weather yesterday which was her second or third day but is already feeling a bit better today. Clearly, having three shots of vaccine helps as the body already has some familiarity with the virus even as the BA.5 variant (which this probably is since it is now dominant in the UK) appears to be particularly good at evading immunity, including immunity acquired from recent infections by earlier omicron variants.

In any case, I am not taking any risks and have put all running on hold. Instead, I went for a slow hike with Eddie through the nearby forest where I, to my great surprise, was able to find a new trail. Having returned with lots of blueberries, it is time to make some blueberry crumble.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home