Saturday, July 09, 2022

Breakthrough Journal

This morning, Elin and I set off along Tavelsjöleden in an attempt to set a new FKT for her. Everything was going according to plan for the first 30 km as we made our climb up towards Tavelsjö. However, soon thereafter, I realized that I had again underestimated how much water I need for these kinds of summer trail runs. Even if it was just around 18 degrees, I felt how a massive headache was building up and, once on the top of Tavelsjöberget, we made the decision to not continue to Selet but cut our run short and just head down to Sundlingska and Roots. While this means that we must return once more to run the whole trail, it was definitely the right decision. Ten glasses of water and a swim in the lake later, I quickly felt much better.

After taking the bus back to Umeå, I was then stunned to find that Pressbyrån is now selling Breakthrough Journal. While outrageously priced at 259 SEK, I of course had to support a noble cause, topping up with some Irony pinot noir, also from dreamy California.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home