Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Altes Land

Today, William completed his first ever race. In an incredible 4 minutes and 22 seconds, he raced 1,000 meters in true River Run fashion, starting and finishing at Skeppsbron. For being seven years old, I must say that this is really impressive, and I very much look forward to running together through the summer as he already has his eyes set on “Lilla Umemilen” in early September.

Back home, I made one of my signature Thai beef salads while Elin is busy running the 5k version of Blodomloppet. With Umåker coming up already on Thursday, and having not fully recovered from my cold, I felt that it was the right decision to focus completely on William tonight and skip any racing of my own. And finding Dörte Hansen’s “Altes Land” in the mail, I look forward to reading a bit in German again once this busy week has come to an end. But first, lots of meetings and responsibilities, starting with the faculty hiring committee tomorrow morning.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home