Monday, May 03, 2021

Obbola Backyard

While spring races are being cancelled left and right, I still remain optimistic about the fall once a sufficiently large percentage of the population has been vaccinated. As such, I paid the registration fee for Obbola Backyard on 25 September. While I have been hesitant about backyard races in the past, simply because I am not sure I will be able to stop before getting injured, there is something with their open-ended nature that is strangely appealing. For those who are not familiar with the backyard concept it is basically a form of ultramarathon where you are running a looped 6,706 meters long course with a new start every hour. To be allowed to start on the next loop, you need to complete the previous loop in under one hour. The person who completes the last loop wins the race while everyone else technically DNF (“Did Not Finish”). 

As I do not plan to do the Thule Cougar school routine in the fall (the kids will be too big), I plan to polarize my training more and take plenty of rest days, hopefully allowing for these kinds of crazy efforts in between :-)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home