Wednesday, May 05, 2021

Poggerino

On one of my first dates in life, I remember having lasagne and a straw-covered bottle of Chianti Classico, probably because it was the only wine on the list that I was familiar with. The setting was the Italian restaurant “Ernesto” in Kalmar and the memory came flashing back as I was preparing, yes, lasagne for dinner on this windy Wednesday.

Today, I have otherwise been reminded of California, first by a friend mentioning that Western States is coming up in June, and then by the news that Breakthrough Dialogue is being organized as an in-person (!) event in early August. Sadly, my own participation in the latter will most likely remain just as podcast-based as the first but still I think it is really cool that the Breakthrough Institute is taking this bold step into the post-covid universe (with all participants having to be fully vaccinated, something that is obviously easier to ask for in the US than in most other places). At least I still have my special “Breakthrough Dialogue” earphones from 2019.

The remainder of this week looks increasingly busy with lots of long Zoom meetings coming up. Even if it requires working at some rather odd hours, I have so far been able to keep up with my 3x weekly gym routine and, on Friday, I hope to go for a river run with Elin. Then, on Monday, it is finally time to catch that flight down to Kalmar for my big trail adventure along Mörbylångleden.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home