Sunday, March 29, 2020

Gremolata

Compared to my well-documented fondness for tabbouleh, I realized that it was quite some time since I last made gremolata. As such, I mixed together some fusilli con gremolada with Buffyesque amounts of garlic, taking some comfort in the thought that the world will eventually bounce back. Frightening as the epidemic may be, I am very grateful that we do not have to rebuild the world after a powerful geomagnetic storm such as the 1859 Carrington Event or a large asteroid impact, either which would be immensely more difficult to recover from. In the long run, the only way out of modernity is through, towards technological maturity. Even as the pandemic seems to have given some of the degrowthers second thoughts, we are still far from turning this around into a new era of deepening political and economic globalization.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home