Thursday, February 27, 2020

Reducetarian

In my life, I have found myself on both sides of the black-and-white identity politics of meat eating. I have lived with people who would panic if they discovered that they had eaten fish stock but also with people who would wake up in the middle of the night with almost sexual fantasies about steak tartare. Personally, I could never really identify with either camp, after all, I was long ago persuaded about the immorality of meat eating but I have also found myself eating more than one prosciutto sandwich in my life. In a recent podcast Marta Zaraska talks about meeting meat eaters halfway and adopting a “reducetarian” philosophy that celebrates incremental progress. Somewhat along those lines, I made Lebanese-inspired wraps with chilli hummus, cabbage, pomegranate seeds, mint and halloumi for dinner.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home