Friday, February 28, 2020

Gone fishing

With the rapidly evolving SARS-CoV-2 epidemic, I guess we are in for a homebound and uncertain spring. This morning, Anna’s mother arrived with the night train from Gothenburg as the schools will be closed next week due the winter break. Since I still have loads of teaching and Anna herself is off to Tennessee, it is a most welcome reinforcement on the home front. To make her feel welcome to the Arctic despite morning temperatures close to -20 degrees, I made a warming fish soup with saffron for dinner together with a quintessentially antipodean take on the Galician Albariño grape.

After dinner, I signed up for the Höga Kusten Trail Marathon in early September so, with Tallinn the week after, I suddenly have two autumn marathons to look forward to...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home