Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Checked in

After two fun-filled days in Kalmar featuring, among other things, a grand night out with my childhood friend Johanna, a visit to the maritime museum with the coolest seven-year-old ever and a seaside run with my mother, I am now waiting at Kalmar-Öland Airport for the continent shuffling to begin.

Back in Malmö, I had struggled to contain my frustration over Sydsvenskan’s long read article on nuclear energy which, beyond simple factual errors (such as that 134 rather than 31 people died as a direct result of the Chernobyl accident), asked Lars J Nilsson of all people for the “truth” about nuclear power. At first, I thought I should write a response, maybe invoking Bamse on information literacy, but then I decided that I valued my vacation more than yet another academic fight. Sometime though, I wish I had the energy of my friend Mattias Lantz who tirelessly and patiently keeps responding to all the anti-nuclear misinformation.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home