Monday, May 20, 2019

Bay to Breakers

With my left shoulder still giving me some pain after I fell halfway through Umåker Trail, I decided to skip the gym strength training today and instead complete the Strava May 8k challenge that seemingly randomly popped up in my feed the other day. Wearing my “Oregon Project” t-shirt that is normally reserved for official race days and my new "Adizero Boston" shoes, I managed to run the 8.2 kilometres around the lake in well under 40 minutes and setting a new PR. Looking back to when I started running around Nydalasjön three years ago, it is kind of crazy that I have been able to cut almost ten minutes off my time.

When uploading my activity to Strava, I must admit that I felt a sting of envy when I saw that Alex and the Breakthrough crowd had just been running the classic “Bay to Breakers” race in San Francisco. Maybe not much of a consolation price but at least I still have my water bottle from Napa Farms Market...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home