Tuesday, April 16, 2019

TF275

Given my deep loyalty to SAS and Star Alliance, I have never actually been to Bromma Airport but tonight I will take my first ever flight with the airline BRA to this classic 1930’s airfield which is located just 8 km from central Stockholm.

Waiting for my ATR 72-500 to depart, I am reading the review comments on my forthcoming book chapter “Conflicting Temporalities and the Ecomodernist Vision of Rewilding” which also happens to be the paper that I will present in San Diego now on Friday. As this will be part of an edited volume with a number of different theoretical approaches, I have tried to make the ecomodernist perspective as distinct as possible even if I knew this could potentially provoke the ire of more traditional reviewers. As such, I was greatly relieved when reading the opening sentence of the first referee report:

“This is a very well-argued and well-researched piece, making a compelling case in defence of an ecomodernist approach, especially to the extent that it emphasizes its astrobiological perspective and its visions of a post-scarcity, energy-abundant future and the out-of-sync character of these visions with immediate ecological challenges.”

It appears as if, sometimes, communication is indeed possible.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home