Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Between worlds

Rarely have I felt so between worlds as I have over the last days with seemingly life altering decisions around every corner. Yet, tonight, I finally found some calm after finishing my last lecture with the political philosophy class. Still, already on Sunday, I will be down in Kalmar and, shortly after, the real teaching race will begin.

Meanwhile in Swedish media, the ideological battle over climate change rages on with undiminished strength. Sometimes I am thinking that I should try to be more active in these debates. While I am obviously more optimistic about democracy than Jason Brennan, there is a certain truth to that in a world of “hobbits” and “hooligans”, it is not easy to get a complicated message across. Nevertheless, even if reduced to stupid soundbites, there would perhaps be some value in finally hearing that the emperor is naked and that renewable energy does not displace but rather locks in fossil fuels?

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home