Monday, July 16, 2018

Langhe

Between marathon training and William waking up at 5 am, “decadence” is not the first word that comes to mind. But with a bit of staging, a most agreeable #småparti bottle from eastern Piedmont, a fluorescent green book right off the printer and some salmon pasta salad, I let the evening sink in while the kids dream away upstairs.

Biking through Umeå earlier today, I noticed that the forest industry has launched yet another massive advertisement campaign. Whereas I guess most ads are about selling some kind of product, the purpose of this campaign remains more uncertain. I mean, it is not like there are millions of ecomodernist nerds out there who are advocating nuclear energy and deep rewilding. In fact, I have met very few people here in North Sweden who do not seem to think that it is a great idea to cut down trees at an industrial scale...

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home