Wednesday, July 04, 2018

10k revisited

While it would be a stretch to say that it was a breeze, I am still thrilled by the fact that running 10k in less than 50 minutes no longer seems to kill me (at 48 minutes and 38 seconds I even did it one whole minute faster than last time around). With Tavelsjö half marathon 45 short days away, I am nevertheless slightly worried that I do not leave enough time for recovery, a suggestion that would have been a bizarre joke a couple of years ago.

Overnight, new shootings happened in Örebro. Taken out of context, it is not surprising that many people fail to see how much overall violence in Sweden has decreased over time. Similarly, few people seem to recognize how much higher the levels of violence would be among “ethnic Swedes” with similar socio-economic status. Instead, I am afraid that these kinds of events will be what push Sverigedemokraterna into becoming the largest party in Sweden.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home