Thursday, July 05, 2018

Dog sled trail

After submitting a paper to a journal for review, I decided to go for another improvised half marathon around the lake. About 60% into the run however, I spotted a sign that I had never seen before, pointing to a dog sled trail which I of course had to check out. Unfortunately, the last days of rain had turned parts of the trail into a marshland so I lost quite a bit of time navigating my way through the water. Nevertheless, I feel more excited than ever about running long distances, especially as I had the wisdom of drinking a bottle of water after 10k.

Last night, I watched a bit of Real Time with Bill Maher and was struck by how hostile the tone was compared to, say, John Oliver. Though I still have to fact check these exact numbers, it was suggested that 78% of Americans do not own a gun while a small minority of seven million people own a staggering 160 million guns. If the Cold Civil War would turn hot, these are not encouraging numbers (as Michael Moore pointed out, just imagine the reaction if it had been Trump who had won the popular vote but lost the Electoral College).

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home