Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Lombardy

Flying back over the Atlantic, I finally got around to watch “Call me by your name”. Set in Lombardy in the early 1980’s, it is one of the best movies I have seen in a long time, full of raw emotion and extended moments. And, yes, scenes of men kissing, which were clearly a bit too much for the middle-aged American engineer sitting next to me.

Once in Umeå, I was thrilled to find a new book on the electoral misfortunes of the centre-left that Fareed Zakaria recommended. Hopefully it will help me develop a better empirical basis for some of the arguments I am trying to make regarding solidarity, legitimacy and whether the strong political institutions necessary for the ecomodern project are even remotely possible in an increasingly fragmented world.

After more than a week on the road, it was also good to be back cooking. For tonight, I made a salmon and buffalo mozzarella salad with wheat berries, lima beans and raisins.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home