Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Heat wave

When the afternoons in Ann Arbor became unbearably hot, I used to go for a run through the arboretum. Counter-intuitive as it may sound, I found it easier to deal with heat that way than simply sitting passively and waiting for the thunderstorms to build up over the Great Lakes. Today in UmeƄ we are having another day with record temperatures so I thought I should try the same tactic. After 13 km of trail running and an icy cold shower, I am happy to report that it seems to have worked.

Regarding my post last night about the Helsinki meeting, I think that my friend Andreas is right that I was unduly optimistic. There are good reasons to be extremely worried about how America is turning away from democracy and the institutional framework that has made possible the greatest alleviation of material poverty in human history.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home