Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Science fiction

In the words of Kim Jong-un’s translator: “many people in the world will think of this as a form of fantasy… from a science fiction movie”. I guess I am one of those people. In the spring of 2013, just as the conflict in Korea was about to boil over, I too flew down from Korea to Singapore.

Today is Tuesday, and in a week I will be crossing the Atlantic again for the third time this year. Science fiction alright. Before attending the actual Dialogue in Sausalito, I hope to go for a morning run around Lafayette Reservoir but, more importantly, talk to this year’s Breakthrough Generation Fellows. Nervous as that always makes me, it is still a great source of hope that the future will be inhabited by people with a global perspective who do not simply subscribe to conventional orthodoxies but have the courage to think for themselves.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home