Tuesday, June 12, 2018

On fire

Last night, a forest fire broke out just a few kilometres from our house. With the closest fire helicopter four hundred kilometres to the north, it took some time to get the fire under control. Luckily, our house was not in the wind direction so, with the exception for that the sky took on a slightly apocalyptic tint, we were not in any way affected. Once the helicopter arrived from Luleå, the fire was fairly quickly put out. Still, with basically no rain for months, vegetation here around remains extremely flammable.

With the fire behind me, I installed Runkeeper and went for a “threshold run” just to the point when it felt like running through treacle. Since I started running in earnest back in January, I am a bit surprised by how much of an improvement I have seen. Maybe life is not over at 40 after all.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home