Thursday, June 13, 2013

Orient Beach

Though a world away from Ostseebad Binz, I felt much the same as I pushed the stroller over the boundary stones into continental blithe. The white sand reaching deep in time, from freckles on the beach in Skanör to the transcendental fiction of Heiligendamm but also further yet to the very real bliss of being a parent on St Martin in the Caribbean.

Ever since I was twelve and played the computer game “Pirates” with Gabriel have I known the names of these islands. It is strange to actually be here and to have traded Korea for its very anti-thesis in terms of real breakfast bread, clear ocean winds and unsweetened yogurt. Even if a lot of exams remain to be marked and I plan to work all of July, this is still vacation in its purest form.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home