Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Australian wool

Walking around thinking, writing and of course latte drinking :-) Went into an outdoor gear shop and bought a pair of thermal wool socks, hopefully they will keep me warm during the coming nights. Then, following the Lonely Planet trail, I made it all the way to Brunswick Street, where allegedly "Italian conversations fly over the head of the girl at the neighbouring table reading Proust".

Disputable. But I did find a nice bar with good coffee, Don Vincenzo, where I am now browsing through my latest acquisition, The Cinnamon Peeler by Michael Ondaatje:

“The distance between us
and then this small map
of stars
           a concentrated
ocean of the night”

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Anna said...

Oh come now.....showing off your Canadian literature are we?

12:57 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home