Twenty years
When I
composed a blog post to celebrate a decade of writing Rawls & Me
back in 2016, I hinted at the idea of continuing for yet another decade, even
as it felt almost unfathomable.
Obviously,
it is impossible to sum up everything that has happened since, both on a
personal and a political level. Yet, throughout, I have kept blogging, as
toddlers have turned into teenagers, ultra distances beyond my wildest
imagination have been conquered, and Halland has come to replace the High North.
There have
been moments of existential bliss but also many foregone futures. Democracies
have faltered and new wars have broken out. Still, sitting here in Prague on the
rooftop of Grand Hotel Europa turned W, it is with a certain Panglossian optimism
that I take on the task of continuing Rawls & Me into the future. Over
the coming months, I hope to take you along as William and I travel to
Montenegro and then, just in time for Christmas, Linnéa and I plan to cross the
Atlantic and make landfall in la France d’outre-mer – or French Guiana
to be more specific. Beyond that, the road is just as open as it was ten years
ago with plenty left to chronicle.




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home