Monday, August 07, 2023

Tretorn

Far from the white romance of Dunkers Kulturhus, the reality for the workers making rubber boots and rain jackets for Tretorn a hundred years ago was quite brutal with lots of toxic chemicals etc. Today, the production has long left Helsingborg for China and I do not know what I should think about the ethics of my Wings Rainjacket, more than that it is keeping me dry on this rather wet and windy Monday morning.

The label says "Born out of Scandinavian weather" and it seems kind of fitting as I take the rail replacement service for my first ever commute to Halmstad. Getting into campus shortly after 8 am, I was able to pick up a Dell Latitude 7440 and an iPhone SE that will be my new work computer and phone respectively.

I was also able to locate about twenty boxes with books that have made their way from Umeå even as I still have to find out where my future office will be. As of now, I am already on my way back to Gothenburg while the storm “Hans” rages on outside the train window.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home