Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Origin

Waking up shortly after five, I went for a 10 km deep history run along the sea in my Hoka Mach 4. The warm morning air felt incredible after this long and cold winter as I circled Svinö and Ängö before returning to the hotel for breakfast. 

Last week, the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists published a rather disturbing piece on the origin of SARS-CoV-2 which I definitely recommend reading. My own chemical-biological knowledge is obviously insufficient to say anything about the claims made in the article but it does appear well-researched and balanced to me. 

As for the actual pandemic, the hotel I am staying at is otherwise a good example of what Sweden got wrong; intense focus on surface disinfection but no one wearing masks. Despite that the WHO has long signalled that contact transmission is really not a thing when it comes to Covid, there are still signs everywhere to sanitize your hands. Meanwhile at breakfast, people were clustering in groups and talking loudly to each other. Luckily, I was able to find a quiet corner where I could sit down and enjoy the calm before going back to my article writing.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home