Friday, June 19, 2020

Midsummer

For the first time in seven years, I am home in Sweden for Midsummer and not on the shores of the Pacific. Starting the morning with a swim in my new wetsuit, I almost had to laugh when I encountered a smiling German man in an otherwise empty Nydalasjön, wearing nothing but a black neoprene swimming cap. Staying with the German theme, I then had my morning coffee in my “Nord Coast” cup on the bridge before heading home for another day of playground bicycling with the kids.

Every year, Abba has a special limited edition herring. Among my favourite flavours over the years I would like to mention “gin and spruce shots”, “vodka and lime” and “elderflower and lemon”. In 2019, it was “Earl Grey with lemon and honey” which I never got around to try so, when I saw them on sale at COOP, I immediately bought two jars. Together with a #småparti West Coast DIPA from North Brewing Company in Leeds, I can say that it was an instant favourite.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home