Thursday, September 26, 2024

Two more days on the rails

The last four weeks have been wild in terms of transportation. Almost every day, I have been taking the train to Halmstad and, somehow, I have also found time to run Helsingborg half marathon and visiting Sofi in Örebro. As such, it sure feels good to know that I will soon take a break from the commuting and not resume it until 16 October.

Looking at the photo from Helsingborg above, I am reminded of the joy I felt out on the course, and how much I look forward to running Varberg Half Marathon with Anna on the 19th of October. While I still have not given up on long-distance racing, there is something truly recreational and self-confidence boosting with just going out there and being happy rather than chasing down impossible goals. As for the latter, the qualifying times for the 2026 Boston Marathon have just been published and, again, the initial qualifying time is 3 hours and 20 minutes for my age group. However, in reality, one has to run faster yet, in 2025 almost seven minutes faster, to actually gain entry to the race.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home