Saturday, June 11, 2022

Elk encounter

For the love of alliterations, I will forego being zoologically correct and just say that I was quite surprised when I ran into an “älg” about fifty kilometres into Björnfrossa Ultramarathon. Like literally, ran into it right there on the trail, but, luckily, we parted ways amicably. And no bears, despite all the social media bear-buzz.

Though extremely demanding and hot at times, the race was so much fun all they way up to last two kilometres which, according to Swedish (?) ultra tradition, consisted of running up and down a ski slope. Especially downhill was very hard on my quads and my left foot but I made it all the way down to the finishing line, 8 hours and 24 minutes after I started. If I should summarize the course, I think “stones” is the most appropriate account, at some point there was even a whole field of them, a bit like a miniature version of the "Felsenmeer" that I crossed when running from Amarnäs to Hemavan last summer.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home