Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Lighting Up the New Dawn

The last time I attended the WPSA conference was in San Diego back in April 2019. Hoping that the US will finally have opened up for international travel by then, I plan to submit an abstract for next year’s conference which is scheduled to take place in Portland, Oregon, in March 2022. Celebrating its 75th anniversary, the theme of the conference is “Lighting Up the New Dawn: Recover, Reconcile and Rebuild” which feels particularly apt and inspiring.

After running 80 km last week, I am again back to tapering, this time in preparation for Trondheim Marathon on 4 September. With heavy rain expected over the coming days, I made the most of the sunny morning by running up to Anumark once I had dropped the kids off at their school in Innertavle. Throwing in one faster kilometre (3:56 min/km) after 13 km, I am increasingly confident about being able to break 3 hours and 30 minutes in Norway even as I recognize that there will be a lot of pain involved.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home