Saturday, May 01, 2021

Majówka

After fifteen years, it is strange to think that there was a time before Rawls & Me but obviously there was. For instance, in the spring of 2006, Gabriel and I went for a short May excursion, or “Majówka” to the great forest of eastern Poland, known as “Białowieża”, one of the last remaining parts of the immense primeval forest that once stretched across the entire European Plain. 

Unable to run as I managed to get a piece of broken porcelain through my heel last night, I find myself stranded in my white sofa chair looking through old pictures. It is sad to read that logging has once again resumed in Białowieża, although at a smaller scale. As in Sweden, there seems to be few limits to the forest industrial complex.

Right now, I am ten days away from my FKT attempt on Öland but the pandemic situation in Kalmar remains particularly dire. Hopefully, I will be able to travel as planned. Right now it seems unlikely that Malkars 21k will go ahead as scheduled in early July, meaning that this may well be my one trip to Kalmar this summer.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home