Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Polestar St

Last night, I watched a fascinating video about winter biking in Oulu, Finland. By building safe bike paths and quickly clearing them from snow, Oulu has been able to keep its inhabitants biking through the winters. Sadly, Umeå is struggling to keep up with many bike paths still blocked half a week after the last snowstorm.

For me, this means that I have to take a detour through Tavleliden every morning with the Thule carrier, running along “Polstjärnegatan”. Still, I am happy that the municipality has at least cleared the bike path out to Innertavle so that I do not have to run on Tomtebovägen with its heavy traffic like I have been forced to do on some mornings. With 300 km of running in January, we are now halfway through the winter season and, while Eddie has grown a lot as evident in the picture above, I am optimistic that we will make it until spring when he and William can go biking again.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home