Friday, December 04, 2020

Commuter update

Completing the sixth week of running back and forth to the school with the Thule Cougar, I think it has been both harder and easier than I anticipated. Generally, the morning runs have been good, although sometimes stressful as I have often been racing to make it in time to Innertavle. As for the afternoons, I have felt more resistance when heading out in the dark with the headlamp, leaving my coffee cup and comfy sofa chair behind. Compared to biking with a trailer, as I did last winter, running is in many ways preferable, especially when there is a lot of snow or ice. And for the last week, Anna has been making me company in the mornings which has made the whole routine a lot more enjoyable.

Just in time for the weekend, I received my paperback copy of Kim Stanley Robinson’s “The Ministry for the Future” as per suggestion of my PhD student. Considering that I have spent much of the week writing about climate change and the far-future, it is clearly topical and I look forward to reading it over Christmas.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home