Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Mentor

The last days have been exceptionally busy with little time for either blogging or running as everything has to be organized before the fall semester starts on Monday. Today, I have spent all day in front of Zoom with the new mentor programme for university teachers which feels very promising.

For dinner, I returned to the Aeolian islands for another glass of Bianco Porticello which has become somewhat of an instant favourite. Together with some pan-fried salmon with green beans and tortellini, life could clearly be worse. In ten days, I am off to run the High Coast Trail 43k with Elin so the coming week will be mostly tapering even as I hope to squeeze in at least one more long run and maybe my own guerrilla version of Umemilen (as I will miss the real thing since it is on the same day as the High Coast race).

Last Sunday, Seth James DeMoor, who I have been following on Youtube for a few years now, won the Pikes Peak Marathon after an incredible performance. Reading the comments afterwards on Strava, it was heart-warming to see that many mentioned his wife (known as “True Love”) and that his victory, in no small part, also belonged to her. To be honest, I cannot even imagine what it must have been like to juggle their four kids while Seth has been out running his 160+ km weeks.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home