Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Swimming challenge

At work, I have a colleague who epitomizes the concept of “pannben”. Last week, she challenged me to swim 2,000 meters, something that I have not done before. Considering that Vansbro is 3,000 meters and Ironman a brutal 3,860 meters, I know this is an area where I really need to practice so unwillingly I accepted her challenge. Thus, before returning home for another afternoon in front of Zoom, I jumped into the pool at Navet, completing those 2,000 meters in 1 hour and 9 minutes.

As for the running, I am taking two days off in preparation for Friday’s monumental challenge of running the virtual edition of Göteborgsvarvet in under 1 hour and 39 minutes. While I am still undecided, I think I will go with my Hoka Rincons and Löplabbet’s low cut double-layer socks. Right now the weather forecast for Friday morning predicts a light westerly breeze, clear skies and a real feel temperature of plus 1 degree which would be near optimal conditions.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home