Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Post-Jakarta

Slightly jetlagged, I woke up at 4 a.m. to the sound of an aircraft passing overhead. Unlike down in Kalmar (not to mention when I was living on the Eastern seaboard of the US), it is relatively rare to hear aircrafts here. Checking my phone, it was apparently a 777-300ER belong to Aeroflot on its way from Washington D.C. to Moscow Sheremetyevo.

That outside world felt very distant as I made my morning coffee and laced up my Finnish winter shoes. While still dark in the forest, I decided to not take my headlamp but rather let my eyes adapt to the darkness which soon turned into twilight. Running 21k in an “endurance pace” of 5:25 min/km, snow mixed with sunshine, and I could not help but feeling slightly disappointed about not being able to run Beirut marathon in ten days. At least, the news coming from Lebanon are encouraging with young people coming together across old sectarian divides and few violent incidents.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home