Sunday, April 21, 2019

Kidspeak

Waiting at O’Hare to board my flight to Helsinki, not even an excellent Mexican “torta” with a Pacifico lager can lessen my uneasiness when reading that “now when the American century is over, we’re becoming more like Bosnia than Bosnia like us”. But when I turn pages and find a wonderful essay about how todleresque is making its way into the English language (e.g. “I am writing this blog post because procrastination”), my spirits are immediately lifted. And then, at the very end of the issue, another essay on Walt Whitman reminds me that I am not entirely alone in all of this.

Walking over to my gate, I stumble upon Intelligentsia coffee roasters and quickly grab an oversized cup of their house blend. Now, I can finally leave America with some hope that all will ultimately be fine.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home