Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Butternut squash

Following British Airways’ take-over of my beloved BMI in 2012, I was granted Gold status with its Executive Club for two years. Since that normally takes a whopping 1,500 “tier points” of flying, it was a rather generous gesture on behalf of BA. Yet, staying fiercely loyal to Star Alliance, I did not make much use of my temporary stratospheric status. Nevertheless, I did get the chance to check out both Cathay Pacific’s famous “The Wing” in Hong Kong and BA’s own “Galleries First” lounge at Heathrow Terminal 5.

Since then, American Airlines has also stepped up the lounge game with their new Flagship Dining Facilities. Living vicariously through a certain travel blog, I felt like I just had to try replicating one item on their JFK menu, namely the “roasted butternut squash soup” with apple, fennel and toasted walnuts. I think it is fair to say that I found a new autumn favourite.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home