Friday, May 30, 2014

Acceptance

I had been waiting so long that the wine in my glass had almost turned into vinegar when I suddenly received the final acceptance letter from Technology in Society, indicating that the paper I have been working on since my very first semester at HUFS in 2011 is now in press with an Elsevier journal. With only little more than a week remaining in Korea, this of course brings a certain sense of closure, just like shipping all those boxes with books to Umeå.

Yesterday, I also finally found some time to read Stephen Eric Bronner’s new book Modernism at the Barricades: Aesthetics, Politics, Utopia. Ever since taking his classes in the spring of 2008 at Rutgers, I have somehow carried much of his thinking with me and this new book was definitely a sight for sore eyes after reading all the policy stuff on climate change that I normally read.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home