Wednesday, May 27, 2009

vienna:views

Vienna always comes back. Today as my colleague Emma was leaving for a summer at the IIASA Institute in nearby Laxenburg and I had to brief her on all my favourites spots. Then later, on the train, I felt an urge to relax after the last crazy days of thesis administration, to pour up a small bottle of The Glenlivet and start reading vienna:views. So insure Against. Against Vienna. Capital of insurance Insurance of capital where people push problems for profit, to the resounding sound of… STEMPEL = stamps stamps of the ink-tank, think tanks of reassurance stamps of authority stamps of bureaucracy stamps of ...? Singular power 

I dream of standing at Westbahnhof, maybe even leaving Vienna with the night train. Just to depart with the knowledge that I will return. 

Meanwhile, in the real world, Obama nominates Sonia Sotomayor to the Supreme Court, hope she gets confirmed, meanwhile in Europe, it is soon time for the EP-elections, I intend to vote Pirate and will give some good reasons for doing so here on Rawls & Me before not too long.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home