Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Foliation of space-like hypersurfaces


Back at the red table for a caffè latte at Bruce. Good to get starting with work, for too long this morning did I allow myself to be captivated by the great encyclopaedia of our times, adjusting small details and providing my own, however limited, contribution to the vast collective intelligence of Wiki. For some reason, these wiki-sessions tend to take me far outside my own domain and into the enchanting world of “real science”. The mathematical beauty defining the frontiers of abstract human thinking. I scribble down the Alcubierre metric in my Moleskine; hopefully to the confusion of any future grandchildren who one day will find this black notebook on a dusty attic somewhere.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home