Friday, October 06, 2023

Death and taxes

On the train back from Halmstad on Wednesday, I was tempted to add “exams” to Benjamin Franklin’s list of things that are certain in life. However, unlike in the past, when I often had hundreds of exams to mark at the same time, I only received 21 this time around so, a full day of marking later, I can now return to planning all my new classes, including a “common core” course on sustainability that is starting next Thursday.

Yesterday evening, I had the chance to meet my PhD student Kalle who just presented a chapter from his upcoming dissertation at the annual meeting of the Swedish political science association. Approaching the end of this PhD studies, Kalle will have his “final seminar” in mid-December in Umeå and I very much look forward to being there for this milestone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home