Friday, August 04, 2023

The places we’ve swum

Though no longer a Monocle subscriber, I could not stay away from their “Swim & Sun” guide when it was published earlier this summer. From Fanore Beach to Rügen, I have so many fond memories of diving into the blue and, hopefully, I will be able to add a few more memorable swims before the year is out.

Making Korean chicken with home-grown sprouts for dinner, I am surprised by how well I have already recovered from yesterday’s run on Vildmarksleden. Clearly, trail running is so much better for your body than road running, even if it goes on for many more hours. Having done Vildmarksleden, my next challenge is Gotaleden which is 75 km long with about 1,500 meters of climb. With a bit of luck, I will be able to run it with Justin who has recently moved to Alingsås which happens to be one of the endpoints on the route (the other is right here in central Gothenburg).

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home