Sunday, April 05, 2020

A Theatre for Dreamers

Today I brought my own soundtrack along as I went for a lunch run down to Holmsjön and back. Listening to the same songs as I did two decades in my girlfriend’s dorm room, time plays its funny tricks on me, with New Jersey somewhere there in between. Somehow, the epidemic and the acute localization of existence have made me think even more about psychogeography, about what emotions and behaviour that places give rise to, as in the intersection between the physical environment and our experiences.

Once back home, I read about the release of a new book about a young Leonard Cohen on a Greek island in the 1960’s, halcyon days with “thyme-scented hillsides, sunbathing and skinny-dipping in coves of crystalline water” to quote the Guardian review that immediately sold it to me. The Quarantine Era is certainly one of escapism.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home